Day ??? of the no taking work home "vow"

Monday, May 19, 2014

Time goes by way to fast these days! I have held fast to my no taking work home "vow". It hasn't been easy....but here is how I have survived.

1. Lists (but not long ones) are my new best friend. I used to make LONG to-do lists. I ended up getting down on myself because it felt never ending.  One of those moments where you throw your hands in the air and say "I GIVE UP", but with no lists I was lost.
Now I make a short to-do list for that day. That's it. Short sweet and to the point. I try to get my little list done by the time I go home. I also numbered all the students I have due for assessments and get them done one at a time. I did all the testing first, now to get all the writing done. I also have a to-do sticky on the front of each file I am working on that says what I have left to do (e.g. CELF-4, report, IEP, meeting notice and so on). That way I can quickly reference what I have left to do! 

2. Changing my mindset. I can be a real Negative Nancy. Dwelling on all the work, how overwhelming it all is, the never endings lists. Negative, negative, negative. I lost sight of why I love my job! So I try to find more positive things about my day, even if they are small, like remembering to do my medical before I leave or copying that IEP that has been staring at me for 2 days.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/165252492/funny-motivational-inspirational
I may just need to buy this poster for my office. Find it here
3. Staying a little bit late, sometimes. Now I am talking 15 or 20 minutes if it means not taking that IEP home. I don't encourage this behavior, but it really helped me keep work and home completely separated. Just don't do this....
property of icanhascheezburger.com
4. Think about your schedule! Thinking this year is bad? What could I do better next year to improve this situation? If you are really swamped think about your options right now! Are there some groups you could make a little bit bigger to give you more report writing time? Think about your time management skills, am I getting enough done during my prep time or am I talking to much? Maybe I should close my therapy door and do some work! Honestly sometimes you just have to be a little antisocial and then you can apologize later! Thank goodness for my awesome coworkers for understanding! Here are more tips:
Not my property. Find this image here
Lastly always remember this about yourself, no matter what...
I do not own this image, nor do I claim to. It can be found here

15 more days of work for the school year and more tips to come soon!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
1 Comment »

One Response to “Day ??? of the no taking work home "vow"”

  1. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete